Skip to content
- Run awareness programs to educate the public about bear rights.
- Initiate education and awareness projects for school children.
- Create awareness amongst the public and the tourists not to encourage bear dancing and watch such shows.
- Ask the law enforcement officials to prevent cubs being poached, and prevent the capture of cubs by training forest guards in effective enforcement techniques.
- Plant a microchip in each bear to prevent new ones from entering the existing dancing bear population.
- Build proper national parks where suitable lifetime care is provided for confiscated bears.
- Rehabilitate and release rescued cubs back into the wild wherever possible.
- Help the bear owners to find new, cruelty-free ways to earn a living, which would help benefit the next generation.
- Drastically modify if not totally re-enact the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1890, and enhance the penalties given under the law.